Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event Team Logs

2 posters

:: Events

Go down

Event Team Logs Empty Event Team Logs

Post  Wayland Fri 28 Feb 2014, 5:39 pm

Here, rough versions of events will be posted and discussed.

They will consist of the logs from meetings between Event Team members and will be placed her for other Staff members to discuss, list pros/cons, ask questions, etc.

Last edited by Wayland on Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wayland

Back to top Go down

Event Team Logs Empty Re: Event Team Logs

Post  Wayland Fri 28 Feb 2014, 5:54 pm

Faye & Wayland events discussion:

Faye: So I was just going over my plan I mentioned before about users picking teams and then earning points for the teams
Faye: Which I think you mentioned too, or someone did, about how that would decide rooms
Wayland: Yes.
Wayland: Rooms, pose sets, etc.
Faye: Yeah
Wayland: So how would that work?
Faye: I would recommend making Events its own Section separate from Admin stuff in the first place
Faye: Since events get kinda big threads wise
Wayland: True, true.
Faye: But yeah so we could have a section where users can post what side they want to be on
Faye: On the forums n all
Wayland: Ahh
Wayland: Yes
Faye: Which would get the team 1 point
Faye: And then we can make logos for each side
Wayland: Ohhh logos
Faye: And if users put it in there sig or sniff they get another point
Wayland: Good idea
Faye: And we can add on things for users to do too
Faye: Like for a while we can be like For the week of blah to blah and users who add freebies to the forums get 3 points for their side
Faye: That way we can try to get people moving to different parts of the forum
Wayland: Ohhh that'll bring more attention to the forum
Faye: Yes yes
Wayland: Okay, so pretty much what you're saying is. Tasks completed = points for team.
Faye: yes
Wayland: Okay, so if we have that figured out. We just need to think of maybe 3 or 4 main ones to focus on?
Wayland: So it doesn't become too complicated for people.
Wayland: I like the logos and freebies and all that
Faye: Yeah, thats why I am saying slowly add them in
Wayland: Yeah
Wayland: OH OH OH
Wayland: What if
Wayland: The event was a month long, and for each week or so, we add in a different task?
Faye: Yeah, we could do Join, Logo, and add your INtro to the forum maybe?
Wayland: Then at the end of the month, the scores are tallied?
Wayland: YES
Faye: Yeah thats what I ment by "for the week of" part
Wayland: The Hall introduction
Wayland: Oh haha
Wayland: Yes, I agree with this all so far
Wayland: Now
Wayland: I think we need to focus on something off-topic for a second
Faye: Sure sure
Wayland: We have to decide how things will be counted AND delegate one or two people to keep track of what users are doing to get points, what teams they are on, etc.
Wayland: It's going to be a tad tedious, though, I think
Faye: Yeah I know
Faye: But I think with it being on the forums and each task lasting only a week it should be not to crazy
Wayland: Hmm yeah
Wayland: And maybe utilize a specific thread the users will post on claiming they did such and such
Faye: We can just lock the thread or whatever and count who has done what, and let users know they need to post on the thread or whatever when they do something
Wayland: So we can check for ourselves and then tally that way?
Wayland: Okay and
Wayland: What do you think is a good idea for a prize?
Wayland: What would you personally think we should put the points towards?
Wayland: It has to be a choice between two things, because the teams would be each for a separate item
Faye: Yeah thats what we have to work out
Faye: It could be either rooms, sets, or just a freebie that is themed after one of the sides uwu
Faye: which we should wait till we have 3 prizes for each side ready before we start the event imo
Faye: Or just even 2
Faye: But we need to be ready before we get going
Wayland: Exactly. Good idea
Wayland: We could also post all this as-is on the forums in the Events and have the other Staff vote on prizes
Wayland: It might be good to have other ideas
Faye: Yeah totally
Faye: And actually that got me thinking, we should still keep the events in the forums as it is now, and just add the new one to the public
Wayland: I think....
Wayland: We keep the events in the Admins for posting suggestions, logs about what we have talked about, and getting the opinions of the other Staff
Wayland: And then make another in public for when we are actually doing to initialize the events.
Faye: thats what I said
Wayland: ...OH LMFAO
Faye: keep it as it is now, just add another for users to post stuff
Wayland: Yeah :B
Wayland: Okay so, if you think we've got the backbone of this so far, I can write up these logs and post a topic in Events for the Staff
Faye: Sure!
Faye: I am working on the tasks for a couple months I will run it by you once I get my ideas down uwu
Wayland: Okay
Wayland: MEETING ADJOURNED

Wayland

Back to top Go down

Post  Tier Sun 02 Mar 2014, 10:53 am

Wayland wrote:
Faye & Wayland events discussion:

Faye: So I was just going over my plan I mentioned before about users picking teams and then earning points for the teams
Faye: Which I think you mentioned too, or someone did, about how that would decide rooms
Wayland: Yes.
Wayland: Rooms, pose sets, etc.
Wayland: So how would that work?
Faye: I would recommend making Events its own Section separate from Admin stuff in the first place
Faye: Since events get kinda big threads wise
Wayland: True, true.
Faye: But yeah so we could have a section where users can post what side they want to be on
Faye: On the forums n all
Wayland: Ahh
Wayland: Yes
Faye: Which would get the team 1 point
Faye: And then we can make logos for each side
Wayland: Ohhh logos
Faye: And if users put it in there sig or sniff they get another point
Wayland: Good idea
Faye: And we can add on things for users to do too
Faye: Like for a while we can be like For the week of blah to blah and users who add freebies to the forums get 3 points for their side
Faye: That way we can try to get people moving to different parts of the forum
Wayland: Ohhh that'll bring more attention to the forum
Faye: Yes yes
Wayland: Okay, so pretty much what you're saying is. Tasks completed = points for team.
Faye: yes
Wayland: Okay, so if we have that figured out. We just need to think of maybe 3 or 4 main ones to focus on?
Wayland: So it doesn't become too complicated for people.
Wayland: I like the logos and freebies and all that
Faye: Yeah, thats why I am saying slowly add them in
Wayland: Yeah
Wayland: OH OH OH
Wayland: What if
Wayland: The event was a month long, and for each week or so, we add in a different task?
Faye: Yeah, we could do Join, Logo, and add your INtro to the forum maybe?
Wayland: Then at the end of the month, the scores are tallied?
Faye: Yeah thats what I ment by "for the week of" part
Wayland: The Hall introduction
Wayland: Oh haha
Wayland: Yes, I agree with this all so far
Wayland: Now
Wayland: I think we need to focus on something off-topic for a second
Faye: Sure sure
Wayland: We have to decide how things will be counted AND delegate one or two people to keep track of what users are doing to get points, what teams they are on, etc.
Wayland: It's going to be a tad tedious, though, I think
Faye: Yeah I know
Faye: But I think with it being on the forums and each task lasting only a week it should be not to crazy
Wayland: Hmm yeah
Wayland: And maybe utilize a specific thread the users will post on claiming they did such and such
Faye: We can just lock the thread or whatever and count who has done what, and let users know they need to post on the thread or whatever when they do something
Wayland: So we can check for ourselves and then tally that way?
Wayland: Okay and
Wayland: What do you think is a good idea for a prize?
Wayland: What would you personally think we should put the points towards?
Wayland: It has to be a choice between two things, because the teams would be each for a separate item
Faye: Yeah thats what we have to work out
Faye: It could be either rooms, sets, or just a freebie that is themed after one of the sides uwu
Faye: which we should wait till we have 3 prizes for each side ready before we start the event imo
Faye: Or just even 2
Faye: But we need to be ready before we get going
Wayland: Exactly. Good idea
Wayland: We could also post all this as-is on the forums in the Events and have the other Staff vote on prizes
Wayland: It might be good to have other ideas
Faye: Yeah totally
Faye: And actually that got me thinking, we should still keep the events in the forums as it is now, and just add the new one to the public
Wayland: I think....
Wayland: We keep the events in the Admins for posting suggestions, logs about what we have talked about, and getting the opinions of the other Staff
Wayland: And then make another in public for when we are actually doing to initialize the events.
Faye: thats what I said
Wayland: ...OH LMFAO
Faye: keep it as it is now, just add another for users to post stuff
Wayland: Yeah :B
Wayland: Okay so, if you think we've got the backbone of this so far, I can write up these logs and post a topic in Events for the Staff
Faye: Sure!
Faye: I am working on the tasks for a couple months I will run it by you once I get my ideas down uwu
Wayland: Okay
Wayland: MEETING ADJOURNED

In response to your "logo" idea... Each side will in fact have a mascot! (Though we can still make logos for simplicity.) Bahati the Fossa is the mascot of the "Nature" side, while the "Industrial" side's mascot is still in-the-making. My thoughts were a male husky, as domesticated dogs seem to be a fitting species for the Industrials. Also, each side would have a general color scheme-- Nature's being cool colors, as seen on Bahati. Industrial's would be warm colors, mostly reds and oranges. Their mascot would also have such colors as accents on his body, to sort of go along with Bahati. Thoughts?
Tier
Tier
Alpha
Alpha

http://tierland.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayland Sun 02 Mar 2014, 12:39 pm

@Tier: I think those are great ideas. (:
It would definitely work.

Wayland

Back to top Go down