Event Suggestions/Ideas

 :: Events

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Event Suggestions/Ideas

Post  Wayland on Fri 28 Feb 2014, 5:32 pm

Here is where Staff members will post ideas for events for Terravore.
Although these suggestions will be rough until they are organized, please make sure the ideas posted here are as clear and concise as possible!
Any quick ideas that pop in your head or even detailed ones are welcome here.

There is also a topic where fully-formed, finalized events that have been voted on between Staff members and agreed up will be posted.

There will also be a public topic made for general users once more events have been finalized and agreed upon!

Wayland
Registered User
Registered User

Posts : 50
Join date : 2014-02-20
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Event Suggestions/Ideas

Post  Ahri on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 5:09 pm

I was actually thinking that we should have a banner contest that best represents Terravore. The banner could be made by the user themselves or they could have an artist do it for them. I don't really have an idea for a prize, but I do know whatever banner that we pick, it will be used to advertise our chat and attract more members to join us. This is all a WIP so I will be adding more info to this post and organizing it as well.
Think of like a venus fly trap (Us) attracting the flies (the users)
avatar
Ahri
Alpha
Alpha

Posts : 64
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 20
Location : New Jersey

View user profile http://sassy-shy.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Event Suggestions/Ideas

Post  Wayland on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 5:48 pm

Abbadon wrote:I was actually thinking that we should have a banner contest that best represents Terravore. The banner could be made by the user themselves or they could have an artist do it for them. I don't really have an idea for a prize, but I do know whatever banner that we pick, it will be used to advertise our chat and attract more members to join us. This is all a WIP so I will be adding more info to this post and organizing it as well.
Think of like a venus fly trap (Us) attracting the flies (the users)

This. this. this.

Wayland
Registered User
Registered User

Posts : 50
Join date : 2014-02-20
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Event Suggestions/Ideas

Post  Faye on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 6:45 pm

A++

_________________

avatar
Faye
Beta - Art Review Team
Beta - Art Review Team

Posts : 40
Join date : 2014-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Event Suggestions/Ideas

Post  Ahri on Sun 16 Mar 2014, 12:59 pm

So, I've finally worked on it, and I want your opinion on what you think. If we can do this event this month then the end of the contest will be set to the first of April.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Terravore is in need of the support from their members, so I have decided to host a Terravore Banner contest. For this contest, the user must submit a banner that best represents Terravore and the theme of it. If you are not sure of what the theme is, it is nature vs. industrial. The user who submits the best banner will win a prize.


First place:

A free art commission from one of the artist on Terravore
2.50-2 Deltas  
Recognized for April's Member of the month

Second place

1.50-1 Deltas


There will only be two winners and the staff will decide on the winner two days before the contest is over. You can have an artist make the banner for you, as well! We will accept it. To submit your banner, you must fill out the following:



Code:
Username:
Forum name:
Banner:
Artist: (please insert the artist's page here)
Proof: (If you did get this from an artist, please provide proof of it.)



Once you fill it out, please submit it to any of the ART staff either on the forum or via message from the chat.

Abbadon
Tier
Faye
Abriel
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you think?


Last edited by Ahri on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Ahri
Alpha
Alpha

Posts : 64
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 20
Location : New Jersey

View user profile http://sassy-shy.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Event Suggestions/Ideas

Post  Faye on Sun 16 Mar 2014, 2:01 pm

Sounds perfect!! Is there 2 members of the month though?

_________________

avatar
Faye
Beta - Art Review Team
Beta - Art Review Team

Posts : 40
Join date : 2014-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Event Suggestions/Ideas

Post  Ahri on Sun 16 Mar 2014, 2:19 pm

Eh, I don't know. There should be one. If not, we can just leave it at giving the second place winner the Deltas.
avatar
Ahri
Alpha
Alpha

Posts : 64
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 20
Location : New Jersey

View user profile http://sassy-shy.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Event Suggestions/Ideas

Post  Wayland on Sun 16 Mar 2014, 10:07 pm

I don't mind this idea at all (:

Wayland
Registered User
Registered User

Posts : 50
Join date : 2014-02-20
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Event Suggestions/Ideas

Post  Faye on Fri 04 Apr 2014, 6:18 pm

Faye: So I was trying to think of logos/ smybols for the event thing
Ahri: o:
Faye: Also it got me thinking
Faye: What if we did a contest for the logos
Faye: At first let users enter their submissions, we could pick our top whatever, and then users get to vote

But yeah, that way we could get a small event rolling to start pulling in users along with make sure the logos/symbols for both sides are ones that the users will enjoy using. I was saying we should check them all first and maybe even pick out ones for people to vote on, so that we don't have to many for users to pick from, along with make sure they are all ones we are ok with.

_________________

avatar
Faye
Beta - Art Review Team
Beta - Art Review Team

Posts : 40
Join date : 2014-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Event Suggestions/Ideas

Post  Tier on Tue 08 Apr 2014, 7:18 pm

One large-scale idea I'd like to run by all of you--

To make Terravore more unique and original, I'd like to go through each species we have on this site and re-make each set for Terravore only. This would give us our own style, and something new for users, rather than the same sets they already see everywhere else, as well as artistic consistency.

Each artistic staff member would be allowed to make sets, if they were willing to make several to keep up with said consistency. Appearance plays a big role in Chatlands sites.

Rather than slowly updating one species at a time, we could get them all done and go through one big update all at once (as we are also expecting two new map islands as well as a new login page!)

Let me know what you think!
avatar
Tier
Alpha
Alpha

Posts : 26
Join date : 2013-06-09
Age : 22
Location : Minnesota

View user profile http://tierland.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Event Suggestions/Ideas

Post  Ahri on Sun 13 Apr 2014, 3:50 pm

This goes for the artist in the team:

Why don't we have a fundraiser for this chat? There can be commissions and premade poses from the artist in our team and the money can be used to buy more rooms/poses for this chat. Each fundraisers that we do can have a theme. Like some can be based on holidays over the summer or just a seasonal theme.

Also!

We can have the users of our chat create a pose set for our chat. It would have to relate to the theme of Terravore and which ever set that we pick, the user will be rewarded with some deltas and the artist in the team will have to make the the design into a real pose that ALL members in the chat can use.

_________________
...Sometimes it feels like they wanna remind me
Send those villains after me
I'm not their hero, but that doesn't mean that I wasn't brave...
avatar
Ahri
Alpha
Alpha

Posts : 64
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 20
Location : New Jersey

View user profile http://sassy-shy.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Event Suggestions/Ideas

Post  Ahri on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 4:58 pm

Faye wrote:
Faye: So I was trying to think of logos/ smybols for the event thing
Ahri: o:
Faye: Also it got me thinking
Faye: What if we did a contest for the logos
Faye: At first let users enter their submissions, we could pick our top whatever, and then users get to vote

But yeah, that way we could get a small event rolling to start pulling in users along with make sure the logos/symbols for both sides are ones that the users will enjoy using. I was saying we should check them all first and maybe even pick out ones for people to vote on, so that we don't have to many for users to pick from, along with make sure they are all ones we are ok with.  

Ahri wrote:So, I've finally worked on it, and I want your opinion on what you think. If we can do this event this month then the end of the contest will be set to the first of April.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Terravore is in need of the support from their members, so I have decided to host a Terravore Banner contest. For this contest, the user must submit a banner that best represents Terravore and the theme of it. If you are not sure of what the theme is, it is nature vs. industrial. The user who submits the best banner will win a prize.


First place:

A free art commission from one of the artist on Terravore
2.50-2 Deltas  
Recognized for April's Member of the month

Second place

1.50-1 Deltas


There will only be two winners and the staff will decide on the winner two days before the contest is over. You can have an artist make the banner for you, as well! We will accept it. To submit your banner, you must fill out the following:



Code:
Username:
Forum name:
Banner:
Artist: (please insert the artist's page here)
Proof: (If you did get this from an artist, please provide proof of it.)



Once you fill it out, please submit it to any of the ART staff either on the forum or via message from the chat.

Abbadon
Tier
Faye
Abriel
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you think?

Ahri wrote:I was actually thinking that we should have a banner contest that best represents Terravore. The banner could be made by the user themselves or they could have an artist do it for them. I don't really have an idea for a prize, but I do know whatever banner that we pick, it will be used to advertise our chat and attract more members to join us. This is all a WIP so I will be adding more info to this post and organizing it as well.
Think of like a venus fly trap (Us) attracting the flies (the users)

Ahri wrote:This goes for the artist in the team:

Why don't we have a fundraiser for this chat? There can be commissions and premade poses from the artist in our team and the money can be used to buy more rooms/poses for this chat. Each fundraisers that we do can have a theme. Like some can be based on holidays over the summer or just a seasonal theme.

Also!

We can have the users of our chat create a pose set for our chat. It would have to relate to the theme of Terravore and which ever set that we pick, the user will be rewarded with some deltas and the artist in the team will have to make the the design into a real pose that ALL members in the chat can use.

There are some ideas that we should consider reviewing and planning out before our update is complete. Do you agree?

_________________
...Sometimes it feels like they wanna remind me
Send those villains after me
I'm not their hero, but that doesn't mean that I wasn't brave...
avatar
Ahri
Alpha
Alpha

Posts : 64
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 20
Location : New Jersey

View user profile http://sassy-shy.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Event Suggestions/Ideas

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 :: Events

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum